Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Handbuilding with Stiff Porcelain Slabs

I'm still in the process of creating a new Insomnia Pottery website where my pottery blog will live.  In the meantime, I am doing my blogging at another website.  I just did a post over there about some handbuilt work using Georgie's Crystal Springs porcelain.  It's been good to work with as long as I don't rush the drying.

Here's an image of one of the pots I build and decorate in the blog...  please have a look if you are interested.


Handbuilt porcelain vase ready for the bisque kiln.  I'll fire this pot in my salt kiln with an interior glaze only.  I've been getting a lustrous pure white surface with this clay that I really like.  

2 comments:

  1. What a great blog it is!!! You are in truth on your way to colossal success. Well done.DoctorInsomniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is really appreciative guys I’m so happy to read this blog.

    Doctor I

    ReplyDelete